Crowdfunding site fighting climate change. Rails, Devise, Stripe, Bootstrap, PostgreSQL
At left, you can see me with my wife and bulldog children on my wedding day. I am an LA native that lived in the Northeast for a decade before returning to my hometown. Currently we live in downtown LA, which holds the coveted title of "Russell's Favorite Neighborhood".
I work with ClimateCents and Chrysalis which seek to correct a couple of huge challenges: man-made climate change and LA's huge homeless population. I am passionate about both of these vital, solvable but at times overwhelming issues. I also do odd freelance work while chugging through my Bloc mentorship in Software Engineering.
My career has reflected my varied interests in entrepreneurship, technology, and Economics. Privately, I am also interested in history, baseball, science fiction, finishing the piles of books I have bought off Amazon, and noisy music of both rock and hip hop varieties.
- 1986: First computer. Commodore 64.
- 1988: First language. BASIC at summer camp
- 1991: First PC. 386 Clone.
- 1993: First disaster. Screwed up the PICK-based mainframe at dad's work on a sick day.
- 1995: First email. UnaLaMula@aol.com on an ISDN connection.
- 1996: First HTML. Made joke sites for friends.
- 1997: First CS class. Learn C, HTML, assembly
- 1999: First data crunching. STATA for Econometrics.
- 2001: First time paid to code. VBA for Applications.
- 2005: First Linux. VoIP, XML application.
- 2007: First iPhone. Followed quickly by first Mac
- 2008: First Commercial site. Company site in PHP.
- 2010: First coding buddy. Being shift to developer in earnest
- 2012: First Rails app. Seito.co
- 2014: First mobile app. ParkingFish, in Swift.
- 2014: Sold my company to become full time developer
- Number of Working Computers
- Number of Broken Computers
- Total Home Data Storage Capacity
- 16 TB
- Number of Home Internet Connections
- Average Download/Upload Speed (2016)
- 100Mb / 15Mb
- Hours of Spin Per Week
- Average Miles Walked Per Week
- Average Miles Driven Per Week
- Reasons Why I Am Not Losing Weight
- Steaks, Martinis, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Boxes of Soylent Consumed Per Month
- Blue Apron Meals Consumed Per Month
- Average Amazon Orders Per Month
- Visits to Iceland
- Visits to Mexico
- Visits to Asia
- Best Computer Game Series